Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Fur or not to Fur...

Fur has been popping up everywhere this season. There's fur on skirts, dresses, tops, shoes, hats, vests, scarves, jackets... I mean it when I say everywhere! Personally, I don't think many of the right opportunities come around where it would be acceptable to wear a fur skirt but I can definitely find the places to incorporate a fur jacket or vest into my wardrobe. Many celebrities, models, and stylists are fans of the look including Kate Moss and Rachel Zoe who have sort of paved the way for the rest of us. You can see Kate Moss's collection at topshop.com and Rachel Zoe's picks at piperlime.com. My advice would be to just be cautious, this trend can tend to look over the top in every day situations and for those of us who don't live in NYC. If you're worried about trying this trend, go something more understated like a jacket with fur trimming. Also, remember only FAUX fur! It's cheaper and more animal friendly of course :). Here's a great look from Nordstrom that I wouldn't mind wearing on a night out:

image from Nordstrom.com



No comments:

Post a Comment